Despite having secured the London club a first double last season, the Italian now faces a nervous two-week wait after seeing his side's title hopes disappear.
The champions' 2-1 defeat at Manchester United left them six points behind the leaders with just two matches remaining.

United need just a point to snatch the Barclays Premier League crown and ensure the Blues finish the campaign empty-handed which will inevitably cast doubt on the future of the manager. Ancelotti said: "I have another year on my contract and I would like to stay but it is the decision of the club.
"The club will take a decision at the end of the season, we have two more games, two more weeks and we wait and see. We will arrange a meeting after the end of the season."

fantastic atmosphere
Ancelotti said he did not know Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's opinion of the season but he admitted the club could have done better.
He added: "I don't know what the owner thinks about the season but in my opinion we could have done better.
"I am honest to say that Chelsea didn't do its best this season but sometimes that can happen. Last season we had a fantastic season, this year it was a little bit different."
Asked whether he favoured returning to his native Italy, the Chelsea coach said he would one day - but has found England very much to his liking.
He said: "Italy is my country and I cannot say I don't want to come back to Italy - I will come back to Italy one day as I love my country.
"But in the last two years I have found a fantastic atmosphere in football, a fantastic country, and I respect the people. There is no violence in the stadium, the stadiums are full and I would like to stay here for these reasons."[BPL]