16 September 2011

Luiz predicts United upset

David Luiz targets three points at Old Trafford

David Luiz is focused on helping Chelsea achieve victory at Old Trafford on Sunday, having made his Champions League bow for the Blues this week.

The west Londoners travel to Manchester off the back of a morale boosting win against Bayer Leverkusen, while their Barclays Premier League opponents had to settle for a point against Benfica on Wednesday.
However, United have been in rampant form domestically - taking maximum points from their four league outings, while plundering 18 goals.


But Luiz knows that - if Chelsea prepare well for the weekend encounter - they will provide a stern test for the reigning champions."Last year I really wanted to play in the Champions League but I don't play but this season I enjoy it," he said. "Now we play a big game against Man United which has big players with good performances at the beginning of the season. It is a big game but we can prepare this week for it and I know on Sunday we will have a good game."

On Tuesday, Luiz made an instant impact on his return from injury, scoring the opening goal during his maiden European appearance for Chelsea.It was some finish too, with the Brazilian defender curling a delicious shot into the bottom corner of the net after a neat layoff from Fernando Torres.

"It was good," Luiz added. "It is a long time I didn't play and this game I played 75 minutes and it is good for me, and it is important inside my body that I came back for the game."My leg is good, it is normal."It was a nice goal. In training we shoot with the strikers."Now I have three goals at Stamford Bridge and I am very happy. I love the atmosphere here, the support, and all the time the players are together and this is of big importance."[sumber]

0 Pengulas Sukan:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...